Care Manager Coordinator
WK Medical Center
7:30 AM-4:00 PM
Care Management Coordinator - Utilization Review Supervisor
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:30am - 4pm
This position is for a working supervisor of the Utilization Review Department.
- Daily oversight of the UR Department and employees
- Providing direction for complex cases, monitoring pending cases, and prioritization of tasks
- Acts as a liaison between multiple departments
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for UR
- Monitors excessive OBS days, and inpatient stays exceeding GMLOS
- Conducts quality review checks and audits
- Provides education on documentation to staff, mid-levels, and physicians
- Compiles data and creates reports on opportunities and monthly approval/denial statistics
- Implements denial prevention policy and procedures
This position reports to the Clinical Advisor of CM and Director of Care Management. The ideal candidate has knowledge of the revenue cycle, is self-motivated, has strong written and verbal communication skills, and has the ability to effectively manage a great group of Utilization Review Nurses.
- Registered Nurse
- Minimum 5 years Nursing, Care Management, Revenue Cycle, and/or Utilization Review Experience
- Management experience
Willis-Knighton is an equal opportunity employer and thus, manages its employment and employee relations policies, practices and benefits without regard to age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status where otherwise qualified.