Medical Laboratory Scientist (HE)
Lab - Lab-Hematology
10:00 AM-6:30 PM
Medical Laboratory Scientists perform a full range of simplex-to-complex patient testing and laboratory services that will provide specialized expertise in one or more of the following laboratory disciplines:
Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Serology, Chemistry, Point of Care Testing, Transfusion Medicine, with minor duties in Microbiology.
Specific Job Duties:
- Performing laboratory procedures, recognizing deviation from expected results by ensuring sample suitability and accuracy.
- Resolving inconsistencies and correcting problems using scientific principles.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Ensuring quality control and functionality of instruments.
- Preparing laboratory for inspection from regulatory agencies.
- Monitoring, maintaining, ordering and stocking laboratory supplies.
- Providing customer service to answer questions from patient providers regarding test processes, patient results, or sample collection techniques.
Laboratory Training/Continuing Education:
All employees are required to attend hospital orientation on the initial start date and then will proceed to the laboratory to undergo an extensive training program throughout all laboratory disciplines pertaining to the specific position. We provide a one-on-one approach to this process, which typically is completed within the first 3 to 4 months of hire.
Annual continuing education is provided by both Willis-Knighton and many of the instrument vendors, free of charge. This allows all employees to obtain required annual CEUs.
Bachelor's degree in Medical/Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or related field with one (1) year of clinical laboratory experience.
Each applicant must possess a valid Louisiana State License in Clinical Laboratory Science and certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathology) or equivalent.
Job Specific Information:
Temporary position with rotating hours; Core Laboratory rotating throughout all departments of the core laboratory
Willis-Knighton is an equal opportunity employer and thus, manages its employment and employee relations policies, practices and benefits without regard to age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status where otherwise qualified.