Oaks of Louisiana
Food Service - Food Service-Dining
7:00 AM-7:00 PM
Under the direct supervision of the Food Service Management Staff. The Dining Services Supervisor coordinates and administers the function of food service and quality control for the residents' dining. Consults with Food Service Management Staff to assure maximum productivity, efficiency and improvement in the department.
Listed below is an outline of the major duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform. As the Food and Beverage Dining Supervisor, you are delegated the authority, responsibility and accountability to carry out your assigned duties.
Even though your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline as complete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you may be required to perform other related duties and activities.
This position will mainly focus on Assisted Living dining services at Savannah at The Oaks.
- Ensures all resident meals are accurate, served at safe and proper temperatures and delivered in a timely manner.
- Supervises, trains and monitors, including disciplinary actions (supervised by the Food Service Management Staff) and scheduling of department personnel to ensure quality menu items, safe working environment and timeliness of service.
- Documents all meals and employee related incidents and counsels as needed.
- Involved directly with and monitors quality standards for food service in dining area.
- Directs and ensures that all residents are provided courteous and professional service, taking all measures to meet any special requests by residents.
- Participates in education programs, attends in-services and meetings.
- Assists with care and maintenance of dining rooms, equipment, utensils and supplies to maintain a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Maintains department records, reports and documents in an updated and accurate manner.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Compliance with the policies and procedures of the Willis-Knighton Health System Code of Conduct and service quality standards.
- Compliance with patient/resident safety and quality initiatives as appropriate for job description.
- Employee consistently and effectively uses the C.I.CARE framework when interacting with patients, guests and colleagues.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Management has the right to add or change these duties of the position at any time.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dining Services Manager
- Familiar with the basics of food preparation in order to assist residents in deciding on certain menu items.
- Possession of great customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of wine, beers, and cocktails
High School graduate or equivalent.
-3 years previous Food and Beverage service experience; previous supervisory/management experience a plus
-Required Certification/Registration: must have or be able to obtain a Shreveport ABO card and a State of Louisiana Responsible Vender Card.
Required Course(s)/training: NA
a. Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
b. Ability to effectively communicate.
Working Conditions: Exposed to varying degrees of dining and kitchen elements.
Ability to exert 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds force constantly to move objects.
Willis-Knighton is an equal opportunity employer and thus, manages its employment and employee relations policies, practices and benefits without regard to age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status where otherwise qualified.