The WKHS Research Department is expanding and seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to join our busy team. This position affords the selected candidate the opportunity to be part of the latest scientific treatments and is highly rewarding on a personal and professional level. The research coordinator will function as a coordinator, consultant, educator, and clinic liaison in all aspects of clinical trial management under the direct supervision of the Clinical Research Director. Incumbent must exercise initiative, be detail oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work and be able to make independent decisions with flexibility to adjust to department needs.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Actively recruits research participants into clinical trials. Develops recruitment strategies tailored to individual trials.
• Provides patient education and medical information to study patients.
• Assist with the assessment of patients to evaluate for adverse events and communicate findings to the research nurse and treating physician.
• Documents medical data in patient chart to capture protocol requirements.
• Coordinate appointments and testing as required.
• Willingness to adapt to changes required by each project within a structured environment.
• Assist research nurses as requested.
Qualifications for this position:
• Certified Medical Assistant or clinical research experience.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Must have basic knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to research terms they are unfamiliar with.
• Skills and experience to perform basic nursing duties such as vital signs, medical history, reconcile medications, EKG, and phlebotomy.
• Strong follow through skills and ability to proactively identify and solve problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and willingness to work as part of a team and independently. Demonstrated initiative is imperative.
• Must have professional demeanor, strong communication skills with the public as well as physicians and co-workers.
• Reliable transportation and be willing to commute to the various WK facilities with paid mileage.