The qualified candidate for this position will be responsible for ensuring timely collections of insurance claims, which are more complex in nature, including claims from worker's compensation, commercial, managed care, federal and state agencies and other third party payers. The candidate will also review, research, and appeal complex denials and inadequate payments from third party payers and patients. Also, the candidate will need to be able to identify trends of payment problems to maximize collections from each agency. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Reviewing insurance and patient aged accounts receivable.
* End of month reports - specific reports, aged accounts receivable.
* Posting payments and charges.
* Understanding eobs and fee schedules.
* Assisting in performing month-end processing for Clinics.
* Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by Supervisor or Department Head.
This position requires the candidate to have experience in physician practice medical billing and collections. The candidate must have a thorough knowledge of applicable billing/collections rules and regulations within a medical environment along with experience communicating with patients and third party payers. The candidate must also have strong negotiation skills, the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet strict deadlines, the ability to interpret health claim data, to recognize and identify problems and report to the appropriate level of management, and knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding. AAPC certified preferred. The candidate will also be required to attend a hospital wide and departmental orientation upon hire. If you are the individual for this position, apply here, and become part of our team.