The WK Clinical Research Department is expanding and seeking a Clinical Research Nurse to join our team at the WK Cancer Center. This position affords the selected candidate the opportunity to be part of the latest scientific oncology treatments and is highly rewarding on both a personal and professional level. The research nurse will function as a coordinator, consultant, educator, and clinic liaison in all aspects of clinical trial management. Incumbent must exercise initiative, be detail oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work and be able to make independent decisions with flexibility to adjust to department needs.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Actively recruit research participants into clinical trials. Develop recruitment strategies tailored to individual trials.
• Provide patient education and medical information to study patients to ensure understanding of proper medication dosage, administration, and disease treatments.
• Assess the patient systematically, utilizing the assessment to plan appropriate nursing care as outlined in the protocol treatment plan and as instructed by the treating physician.
• Document medical data in patient chart to capture protocol requirements.
• Coordinate appointments and testing as required.
• Willingness to adapt to changes required by each project within a structured environment.
Qualifications for this position:
• Unencumbered nursing license for the state of Louisiana.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Must have an extensive knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to research terms they are unfamiliar with.
• Skills and experience to perform basic nursing duties such as vital signs, medical history, reconcile medications, EKG, and phlebotomy.
• Strong follow through skills and ability to proactively identify and solve problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and willingness to work as part of a team and independently.
• Must have professional demeanor, strong communication skills with the public as well as physicians and co-workers.